Title: Civil CAD Designer
Department/Division: Civil Engineering
Work Location: Butte, MT or Great Falls, MT
Salary Range: To Be Determined Based on Qualifications and Experience
Employment Status: Full-time/Part-time Hourly
Background Check: Required
Relocation Benefit: Required
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Civil CAD designer will be responsible for aiding in the development of Civil Design Documents through the use of Autodesk’s Civil 3D software platform. The Civil CAD Designer will coordinate with the engineering team to: import field survey data, generate survey base and utility maps, aid in road design, site development design, and detail drawings. Prior experience with land surveying, three-dimensional modeling, and point clouds is a plus.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Computer workstation working Autodesk Civil 3D creating/modifying civil design drawings/documents.
- Research as-built and record information for design projects
- Use Microsoft Office tools including Outlook and Excel
- Safety awareness
- High school diploma and Associate’s degree in computer aided drafting or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated and punctual
- Proficient in civil drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology
- Possess civil/survey aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours
- Valid Montana Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Good communication skills
- Experience in consulting is a plus
- Accuracy and strict attention to detail
- Desire to excel and learn
- Ability to follow directions
- Strong work ethic, motivated, self- starter
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources
- Field work a plus
- Ethical Conduct
- Good communication skills
- Able to multitask
- Sitting, walking, ability to lift less than 50 lbs, standing, bending, climbing, kneeling/li>
- Extended computer work/li>
- Use of hearing, sight, hands/li>
- Field work in all weather conditions/li>
Potential to supervise additional staff as they are hired.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.waterenvtech.com. Internal applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1- (406) 490-1946.
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of WET, Inc. including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession.
Human Resources Department Job #
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.